Social Media Volunteer (Part-Time):
Are you passionate about social media and music? Looking to get into the music industry? Want hands-on experience that you can show off on your resume? If so, we’ve got a volunteer opportunity just for you!
SF Live Arts at Cyprians (formerly The Noe Valley Music Series), a Bay Area non-profit since 1981 that has garnered praise for its host of Grammy and Academy Award-winning performers, is looking for a highly-motivated and independent volunteer to develop its social media presence. In so doing, you’ll gain experience in the music industry, have the opportunity to make valuable contacts, and add experience to your resume or college application.
We’re looking for someone to commit 2-4 hours a week to:
– Manage our presence on various social media sites like Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, and Instagram
– Work closely with the SF Live Arts president to develop a social media strategy for increasing outreach
– Research and develop new ways to monitor and improve these strategies
– Perform these duties from the comfort of your own home!
– Ability to commit for 1 semester (a longer timeframe is optional)
– Strong understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, Instagram)
– Strong written communication skills
– Available to work 2-4 hours/week
– Ability to work independently with little day-to-day direction
– Strong attention to detail and work ethic
This position is unpaid, but there’s a payoff if you do a great job:
– Introductions to contacts in the music industry from a 40-year veteran.
– Letter of recommendation for colleges or future employment opportunities.
– Free concert tickets!
– Opportunity to gain real-world experience being in charge of the social media presence of a non-profit.
– Helping a non-profit looks great on a resume!
Email Larry Kassin at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. Check out our new website at www.sflivearts.org!
Download Job announcement as .doc file: SF Live Arts Social Media Volunteer Application rev